[DeTomaso] Taurus Window Motors Source?

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Fri Feb 6 19:44:31 EST 2009

Jim,

I *think* you can, somehow, make any of the various  motors work.

The advantage of using the Aerostar motors is that you can go back  to the
OEM motors if you want to. The disadvantage is the Aerostar conversion is  that
the required 4 bolt motors are very difficult to find as apparently, they
were only used in early Aerostars. Every parts source I tried had only 3 bolt
replacement motors.

The advantage of the Taurus motors is that they are available  everywhere.
Parts stores sell remanufactured (?) motors for $30 to $50. It is  also possible
to buy new, not remanufactured Taurus motors. I got my  motors at a
Pick-A-Part for $15 each. Every junk yard Taurus I saw had 4  motors because Taurus was
only built as a four door car. The disadvantage of  using Taurus motors is
that you must make irreversible mods to the window  mechanism chassis.

I am not going back to OEM motors  ...... no  how!

Don't forget to change the window fuses from 35A to  10A.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

**************Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on