[DeTomaso] Carb question

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:57:15 EST 2009

I think for the most part you might be able to use your 730 Holley, but if
you're going to spin the motor high enough to get 575 HP, you're on the edge
and should go the next size up.

Here's a 100% efficiency chart:

http://www.buicks.net/shop/reference/carb_cfm.htm

There are a lot more charts and converters out there, and they're similar
for the factors they use.  Since you're working at about 150% efficiency
(1.45hp/ci) you can plug in the numbers.  I get 788CFM if you are spinning
to 6700RPM, which I think is a pretty good estimate to pull 570hp.  I think
an 830 puts you right in there.

I hope this helps!
sean