[DeTomaso] cleaning/installing polished water pipes

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 21:05:03 EST 2009

Hi All,

Anyone know of any easy tricks to get all the black polishing compound out of new polished water pipes prior to install?

Also, one of the short and curved water pipes has 2 bolt holes where I assume it attached to the engine.  I bought a complete set of hoses etc with the water pipes but I do not see a gasket for this piece.

Anyone know of a part number for the gasket (I assume a gasket would be needed?)  ??

Anything other tricks to make the exchange of the pipes/install easier?

Thanks

CW