[DeTomaso] GT-5 parts - where to find a frog eye head light bucket and handbrake add-on calipers?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 5 12:04:43 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/5/09 8 51 42, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> Like all things De Tomaso not all GT5 cars are equal, as best I can tell the
> switch to the later style handbrake took place somewhere around VIN# 9200,
> earlier 9000 series cars retain the earlier style set up and handbrake lever
> location.

Good point!   The De Tomaso parts book says, "From #9170" uses the later
style.

Jesper--if your car is below #9170, it will make the job of finding used
parts *much* easier.

What, exactly, do you need?

Wilkinson carries all the necessary bits (brackets etc.) if you need
something unusual:

http://www.panterasbywilkinson.com/webpages/catalog/ill4a.html

Note that there are three pages of illustrations, starting here.