[DeTomaso] GT-5 parts - where to find a frog eye head light bucket and handbrake add-on calipers?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Feb 5 01:28:54 EST 2009

Jesper Sahlberg skrev:
> In preparation for a head light conversion project I need a passenger
> side "head light bucket" for a 1985 GT-5
>
> I am told it is going to be hard to find any parts for a factory GT-5 so
> can anyone tell me where to ask/look for parts?
>
> While we are at it my car is also equipped with a hydraulic parking
> brake system and I am also looking to convert it back to the original
> manual / cable driven handbrake calipers that used to be bolted on the
> rear wheel calipers.

The rear calipers, including the handbrake mechanism, was apparently
also used on some Rolls/Bentley/Jensens. It may perhaps be easier to
find calipers for these. The handbrake adjustment rod is bent slightly
to free the apparently larger diameter rotor on the GT5. This makes the
auto-adjustment feature inoperable and it needs to be manually adjusted.