[DeTomaso] Intake manifold polishing - nor cal

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 19:07:19 EST 2009

Brent,

I can offer what I think is a better solution than polishing.

Polishing looks GREAT when you first get it. But then time
will start to take its toll.? Oil will spill, fuel will leak, tools will
be dropped.

I took my manifold to Caps here in Fresno and had them
Cermachrome it. You know, the coating you usually think
of using on headers.

Two years later, it looks as good as when I picked it up.

Polished aluminum will never hold up that well.

Pretty sure I have a photo of it unmounted.? Will send it to you soon

Larry