[DeTomaso] Pulling the drivetrain

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 14:39:59 EST 2009

n a message dated 2/2/09 8:15:44 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:
snip.....
> Might it be even better, to use a carb plate along with the points at the
> back of the engine?

Besides the balance problem which can crack the rear window glass even if the
distributor cap is removed first, I'm really nervous about lifting 700+ lbs
hung from a plate fastened with only 4 quarter-inch carb bolts.... I know it
works 'cause I've seen it done- on other people's cars, but I always hold my
breath while the package clears the rear panel. With the chain attached to the
rear of the heads, you're working with much higher strength 3/8" bolts and
that makes me feel better. YMMV- J Deryke