[DeTomaso] stock rear chassis brace

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 14:30:17 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/2/09 7:52:28 PM, cengles at cox.net writes:

> The other Pantera has the functional cross brace and this one has been
> stuck with the stock brace. I do intend to upgrade, but there have been
> distractions. I promise not to re-engineer the rear camber with with bay brace.  I
> promise. I promise.

OK, OK. What you can do with the pathetic stock bar is to make small steel or
aluminum 'filler pieces' to fill up the slots in front of and behind the bolt
shanks in the mount tabs. They are loose but will be restrained from falling
out by washers under the boltheads & nuts. At least these will prevent the
bolts from sliding back and forth. As I said, the tabs won't transmit big-time
cornering forces very long, but they will temporarily help, at low cost and
small effort. FWIW, the same technique can be used to make workable 'camber locks'
for the upper front ball joints. Cheers- J Deryke