[DeTomaso] 50th Anniversary Tour in Modera

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 09:12:19 EST 2009

Pantera and De Tomaso fans. I know Mike Drew posted a few weeks ago that
the 7 day tour of museums and specialty car manufacturers in Italy was
perhaps not going to happen, but it is definitely on! I've been trading
emails with Christer Löfström from the Sweden De Tomaso Club, the "Svenska
De Tomaso Klubben". He's been working very hard to organize this week long
event and is committed to making this happen. You can contact him directly
if you have any questions at "detomaso2009 at yahoo.se". The logistics of the
tour are being organized by "Luca Sandri" "luca.sandri at modenatur.it".
That's the person to contact to get your name on the list. I think you can
also contact Jim Gray with POCA. He's coordinating the list of attendees
from USA.

Bottom line - These folks are
 working hard to make a
 very special event
possible. Even though the original deadline has passed to sign up, it's
not too late. It's time to step up and be counted. Originally, the tour
required a minimum of 50 guests. They've now restructured it to require as
few as 8. This is going to happen, but the more that signup, the cheaper
the cost will be for everyone. This is a great opportunity to drink some
local beer, kick some Italian tires, and tell some good old Yankee tall
tales. Don't let the economy steal your chance to be a part of this great
event. I'm sure you don't have your last couple of grand tied up in your
Pantera. Somehow you gotta scrap together a few bucks and enjoy life too.

The 4 page flyer describes activities on Tues/Wed/Thur/Fri including a
guided tour of Monza, Biscaretti Museum, meeting with Tom Tjarda, a
tour of the Dallara Factory, Ferrari Gallery, Paganni Factory tour,
Lamborgini factory and museum. More is
 being planned for the weekend too.
If you need more information, contact Luca Sandri or Christer Lofstrom
directly. They are both very helpful.

Life is too short not to take advantage of the opportunities that are
presented. Take a chance and enjoy a great week with us. Scott