[DeTomaso] My new muffler.

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Feb 3 09:11:25 EST 2009

I was having a longer Pantera ride today. Probably the only one doing so
this time of the
year, how about that? The new muffler is very quite on the highway at 60
mph. What is
heard is the rolling nois from the wheels which now appear as annoying as
the former
exhaust note. Okay, not that much annoying as one can have a conversation in
the car
today. No real resonaces so fare, but I cant trottle up in this weather. I
thought the
straight cut ccam drive should go throught, but the new bulkhead together
with dynamat
on the firewall seem to take care of this.
Outside the car the exhaust note is very nice with a slight accent of 180:s
but a little
deeper, mostly at idle. At idle trottle up the 8 intake trumpets is making
its symphny
much more clearly heard, which actually accent the sound of great trottle
responce.
Goran