[DeTomaso] Not Pantera related but interesting to persons withan opinion on Gun control

michaelsavga at gmail.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 22:28:03 EST 2009

 Now that's funny!    Michael in Savannah

From:	"J. Sean Keane" <spleen at spamcop.net>

Date:	Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:13:36
To: <detomaso at realbig.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Not Pantera related but interesting to persons with
 an opinion on Gun control

Wow, it's been years since I saw a thread that could teach so many
different valuable lessons at once.

First, never pass along cool stories that you see on the Internet or in
an email without first checking Snopes.  Maybe they're not worth passing
along even if you do check Snopes.  Who comes up stuff like that
anyway?  Who could possibly get a thrill out of making up fake but
plausible stories, just to have them anonymously passed around the
Internet?  It's so much more satisfying to start vicious rumors about
coworkers among people you know, when you get to *see* the damage that
results!

Second, don't be too harsh on our European brethren when it comes to
their opinions on gun ownership, as long as they're still willing to
make nice guns and sell them to us.  I have more Heckler & Koch rifles
and pistols in my gun safe than any other manufacturer, and couldn't be
happier that European homeowners aren't competing with me and driving
the prices up even more.  Although I have to admit, when I hear a German
denouncing guns, it reminds me of Rosie O'Donnell doing the same thing
while being paid as a spokesman... spokeswoman... spokesthing for
K-Mart, the largest gun seller in the US.  And frankly, I don't need
*anything* reminding me of Rosie O'Donnell.

As long as the German government lets German manufacturers sell their
excellent German guns in the US, it's not my place to criticize whether
or not particular Germans are allowed, or even want, to own them.  What
the German government does to its subjects is up to them.  Well, unless
it starts asking them to invade Poland or something.

Finally, let's all take this as an opportunity to remember that some
topics are almost certain to cause discord and strife on a newsgroup
like this, and should really just be avoided.  Guns.  Politics.
Religion.  Mad Dog Antenucci's ambiguous sexuality.  We came here to
talk about Panteras, so let's talk about Panteras!  Fast, light, sleek,
made in Italy.

Just like my Beretta Ultralight Deluxe.  Awesome shotgun...

Regards,

J. Sean Keane