[DeTomaso] Pantera on Speed Channel

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 22:01:04 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/2/09 6:27:22 PM, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> I know the serial numbers were released out of order sometimes. But what is
> the highest one listed as a 71? I have #1660....

I don't normally get into the chaos that was DeTomaso's Italian car
production, but I know engine builder Dick Drenske owns (or did own) s/n #2332, said to
have a '71 build date and the last car mentioned in the original Registry as
a '71. Pantera s/n #2334 is listed as a '72; neither has the month-code listed
to back the dates up.
Interestingly, a sister-car to yours- s/n #1661- is (or was) owned by Kirby
Schrader in TX. FWIW- J Deryke