[DeTomaso] Oil Coolers (again)

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 1 05:41:15 EST 2009

I know this subject has been covered quite a bit, but I'm getting The Beast's engine back together and I need to either have my Fluidyne oil/water exchange unit electrolyzed (sp?) to get the metal out ($250 quote) or go with something else.
The Beast has no a/c condenser so I can mount air / oil coolers in back and duct them from somewhere (underneath or side vents?).
I'm looking for the best oil cooling I can find, heat has been a factor in every one of my many engine failures (of course the main factor is my inability to remove my right foot from the floor despite warnings from all my gauges.)
Anyway, what's the latest consensus regarding oil coolers?

Dan
Dan F. Courtney

La Jolla, CA

(858) 551-5455 Phone