[DeTomaso] clutch effort - hydrovac

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Thu Dec 31 20:58:41 EST 2009

What you're maybe thinking of is the 'hydroboost', a power brake system
used by GM that bled pressure off the power steering pump to boost the brakes.
Not too good for a Pantera....

I've mentioned such a unit for years, for owners that want to relocate the
brake booster for some reason. It was made by Midland & was stock in late
'50s-early '60s Mopars; still used by street rodders. Basically, the clutch
master feeds the remote booster which becomes a slave cylinder that can mount
anywhere! I had one on my old fiberglas kit-car (drum brakes), mounted
behind the right rear wheel for a little better balance. It comes in two booster
sizes & output pressures; the smaller one would likely be fine for a clutch.
Check at <godmanhighperformance.com> Cheers- J DeRyke