[DeTomaso] NPC - Mustang Miss/Stumble problem

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Wed Dec 30 14:00:13 EST 2009

Phil,
OK, here's what you do.

Get yourself a code reader or get to a place that can read the codes.

Fords will store the last 2-3 codes as well as "current" conditions, so while it may be OK "now" you can see what was happening.

ebay has AutoXray code readers just for Fords for under $100 that will help you with ABS, Trans, and engine issues, since the ECM runs it all now.....

So, stop shotgunning and get the proper tool.  If there is one thing I have learned about shotgunning on EFI or computer controlled cars, it is that the code reader is more valuable than your phillips screwdriver!!!  You'll do nothing but waste money and time without it.  Also....believe the code reader...! Don't ask.....

If you need a book to help with codes AND diagnostic procedures, let me know what year you have.....  I have a few of the 2000+ PCED (Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis) books left and a less of the pre 2000 models.....close out prices too.  (Getting out of the book business...)  These books are INVALUABLE when doing hotrod Panteras with 4.6/5.4 conversions using stock ECMs....

Steve