[DeTomaso] Starters and Carpets

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:43:46 EST 2009

Unfortunately I don't recall what part # I got from DB but they are the
absolute best. When I had a problem with the starter they sent me ( it
turned out  the problem was not with the starter but with me not following
DB's specific wiring directions and instead following the old ford diagram
and the common Pantera modification) Anyway when I called DB  6 MONTHS AFTER
THE PURCHASE DATE! ( I had waited 6 months to install it due to my breaking
my leg in the spring) They sent me a replacement starter the same day I
called them, with out waiting for the first starter to be returned. You
don't find people in business with that kind of mind set very often  (
either now or even in the "Good old days") These guys are the best. Once I
got the new starter ( and followed their instructions) it worked so well I
still can't believe it. I had a hot start problem that plagued me for a
year. Their new starter cranks faster and stronger Hot then my old one did
cold! And all this was only $49.99 and no charge for the reshipping of the
new starter or the return of the old starter. They also sell a chrome plated
starter ( although there is no point since you can't see it  , and
alternators. I wish they sold more stuff , they are the best in customer
service and product quality.
Boyd