[DeTomaso] NPC - Mustang Miss/Stumble problem

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Dec 30 00:20:37 EST 2009

Check all your vacuum lines for cracking or if any have fallen off.  Get
your car to a place that can hook up a computer and give you diagnostic
info.  On my ZX2, I never got a check engine light but my brother-in-law
brought over his Ford computer, we hooked it up and found it was lean,
like a vacuum leak.  A quick inspection found a hose disconnected under
the intake (hard to find)  Things got much better.

It also may be your throttle position sensor has given out, maybe got
some water inside, froze, cracked, works fine at higher throttle
openings, but not at lower.  Just speculation.  Check the vacuum lines
first.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie