[DeTomaso] valve cover and head gaskets

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Tue Dec 29 20:37:41 EST 2009

For valve cover gaskets I like the Fel-Pro Cork-Lam Z1636.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=Z1636&dds=1

I recommend you use a gasket cement to glue them to the valve covers then apply Vaseline to the head side of the gasket so they'ill release from head the next time you have to remove them.  These gaskets are thicker that the standard ones which provides a little extra clearance for roller rockers.

A more expensive alternative are the M-6584-A452 but I've never tried them.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=M-6584-A452&dds=1

For head gaskets, Dan Jones highly recommends the Victor-Reinz 3502SG.  Be sure to not confuse them with the standard Victor 3502 gaskets.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505