[DeTomaso] Hydraulic jack oil level???

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 27 21:06:26 EST 2009

Mine worked when new, but when I got it out a year later, I discovered the
fluid had leaked out all over the garage floor.

Mine has the same plug you described.

I think you're supposed to fill it up to the plug, with the cylinder fully
depressed.  If you fill it with the cylinder fully extended, it leaks out
when you depress it.

Also - I think you're supposed to store it with the screw tightened.

The key words are "I think".  Hopefully someone on the list that is smarter
than I, will respond.

That would be just about anyone.