[DeTomaso] Weber Settings

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sun Dec 27 04:52:48 EST 2009

> I seem to recall Goran writing about building plugs, or inserts, for the
> conversion. Even more temporary.
> This is quite tempting, as I've never seen a sweeter looking intake for a
> Pantera than this set of pipes.
>
> Dan
>
> Dan Courtney
> La Jolla, CA
> (858) 551-5455

I used alu insert in the 4V HEADS and fabricated a matching intake manifold.
The trick here was to fill the bottom of the runner in the 4V head to get
a runner that had the 2V area but that was 1/2 an inch higer located in
the head. This makes for a more straight runner in the head an also a
better intake manifold design, similar to the high port exhaust mod.  The
manifols is a very straight forvard manufacturing because it is only to
connect the head inlet to 48mm bottom flange of the carb, with a gentle
bend. No flow test required what so ever to get a 100% perfect intake.
Goran