[DeTomaso] Anyone using 245/40/17 Front Tires

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:01:59 EST 2009

I'm running Nitto NT05  235/40 / 18's on front on a 1973 L narrow body and I
did have to roll the fenders. The tires rubbed When they where in full lock
but they seem to be okay now that the fenders are rolled.I haven't had a
chance to drive it at speed but unless I am making a u turn or hard 3 point
turn I don't foresee a problem. I used an Eastwood Fender lip Roller that
bolts to the wheel hub and uses a big polyurethane roller to flatten the
fender rib. It does a pretty good job and is fairly easy to use. It runs
around $250 to $299.
Boyd