[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Brace question

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Dec 22 18:28:59 EST 2009

> .....'separation' of the braces?
>
> OK. Remember, all this is 'theoretical' since no one ever actually did
> full-scale stiffness tests. Both Goran, Dick Koch   and I all agree that
> the

Jack, at the first image on my site http://www.hemipanter.se/ click
"Chassis and components" I do have a twisting measurment of that
particular area. In fact I loaded the chassis so hard that the front
window cracked.
At this load we have a 0,025" flex in the "ladder area", but this is
measured down to the lower frame of the car.
If the lower crossmember is higher as for the "ladder" the flex will be
even less. It speaks for itself that the sort of X bracing that is used,
is not  critical then, in fact not neccesary. What I say is what an X
bracing should look like if making one, not what is needed in this
particular case.
Goran