[DeTomaso] Webers - update

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 22 15:31:29 EST 2009

1)  I thought about that.  It might also be this cam/compression combo.  11:1, big solid cam, 3" straight through exhaust.  They all contribute to the sound.  Although, I still have a small amount of smoke from the driver's side, plus #8 is pulling less air.

2)  Got it covered.  In fact, I don't think I've even seen foam air filters for Webers in a long time.  Most are tea-strainers or the K/N style.

3)  I'll look for it.  I've gotten most of my advice from cobracountry.com and this list.

4)  I have a very nice fuel pressure regulator, but I haven't adjusted the pressure yet.

5)  Yes.  That's part of the fun.

6)  Maybe I lucked out and got close with the out-of-the-box jets.  I know it's rich, but probably not by much.  It starts right up, even when cold - a sure sign of too rich.  Of course, cold in Houston is still 60-70 degrees this time of year.  With the old cam - CompCams 282S, it got about 15mpg - down from 19mpg on a Holley.