[DeTomaso] Webers -update

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Tue Dec 22 15:19:51 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/22/09 8:28:37 AM, tborcich at msn.com writes:

> .....The biggest hassle was setting the linkage set at idle so they were
> all pulling evenly. Don't know why, but they would change often and were a
> moving target it seemed every other time I drove the car....

It may have been engine-temp related. Unless the linkage from the throttle
pedal goes to the center of the engine with two tie-links- one going to each
head, the idle will change as the engine gets hot and expands, pulling on a
single steel tie-link. This was found on one Cleveland with IR-EFI;
aluminum heads expanded, changing the length of his single tie-bar link and moving
the idle up by as much as 500 rpms. He had to fabricate a thick steel strap
running from one head to the other to get a stable idle. FWIW- J DeRyke