[DeTomaso] US Marshals to auction 2 Panteras

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:34:56 EST 2009

The yellow one, 1081 is in the Registry with LOTS of pics....

Rather an odd beast, a push-button with an L front end etc.

I wondered where this car ended up, as it was offered for sale back in 07 or so.

Mike,

In the last photo in the Registry is a list of names of those "responsible".

Chuck

In a message dated 12/22/09 10 19 11, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> 1971 DE TOMASO PANTERRA GTS; 83,166; DT01081; YELLOW (1/2 way down the
> page):
> http://www.salesandauction.com/jan710.htm
>
> 1974 DE TOMASO PANTERA; 50,870; THPNNG06197; RED (2/3's down the page):
> http://www.salesandauction.com/jan710.htm

I think I remember that yellow pushbutton.   On the day that I was at Hall
Pantera, buying my car (in 1989), some guy came in wanting to buy a complete
GT5 kit.   Gary was all too happy to sell it to him, until the guy said
that his car was an early Euro pushbutton.   Gary argued with the guy that such
a car needed to be preserved and not hacked up, and when the guy insisted,
Gary threw him out and wouldn't sell the kit to him!

He went down the street and bought it from Wilkinson instead.

I'm pretty sure this is that same car.

There may be some real deals to be had here, as it's probable that the
auction company won't take the time/effort to get the cars running etc.   So
you're buying a project, which could be as little as a new battery away from
being a turn-key car!