[DeTomaso] Ambassador of Good Will...wow!

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Tue Dec 22 11:27:01 EST 2009

Nolan, Asa, Jim K, and all.  Thank you guys; you are  so kind.  I can't
believe all those pictures from the past.  My  goodness, and Nolan calling me a
DeTomaso good will Ambassador; I am  flattered.  I surely did become a big
fan and owner though and lover  of the P and the P people.  That was after
my first terrifying  experience in a Pantera which left me speechless, and
thinking  I'd NEVER EVER step foot in one again.  I'm thinking the year was
'96.  I had joined my brother and wife on their San Diego  Chapter's run to
the Cilurzo Winery.  As one of the guys, George,  had a vacant seat, I was
placed with him and had a chance to renew my  relationship with prayer.  I
couldn't scream or use very bad language  as he had a video set up inside the
car.  I watched the posted  signs fly by on some very skinny, windy mountain
roads, saying, "Danger,  slow to 15 etc.  George was flying along at
unmentionable  speeds.  To my own amazement, within a year and half,  I became  an
owner.  Will wonders never cease?  The unique beauty of the car  itself and
the great friendships developed with owners has that  special effect on
people, as you all know.  Then, as time went by,  I was recruited by Mad Dawg to
be the first woman to do the Silver  State Race. Did that twice with my
trusting brother as  navigator, in 2000, placing 7th and 5th (if I recall).
Never  getting a trophy as yet, but they say the 3rd time's a charm.  That
race makes for a tale in itself (if interested) you can find a  write- up in
Profiles #3 of 2000.  And so as time progressed, I became  the VP of POCA, and
for about 6 fun years had a chance to partake in  the joys of trying to do
good for the club and membership.    I love networking and informing people
of the car and our club.  To  this day, I  greet Pantera people at so many
car events we have here  in Southern California.   Of late though, I'm bummed
that  the huge event called Super Sunday, in Calabasas, where I have
frequented,  and where one can regularly see Jay Leno in something rare and
unique, and view hundreds of the most incredible cars, has been stopped by the
mall owners.  Read this:
_http://www.dailynews.com/ci_14003233?source=email_
(http://www.dailynews.com/ci_14003233?source=email)
But, since I retired from teaching this past June, I  now finally have time
to do big projects I've not had time for:  attend even more car events,
write more articles, and drive my  glistening Pantera.  I wish you all a most
beautiful holiday season  filled with all wonderful things and that which
makes you happiest.
Lots of Love,
Laurie

[DeTomaso] Where is Laurie Basile?
Nolan Scheid _Nolan  at mortarsprayer.com _
(mailto:detomaso at list.realbig.com?Subject=[DeTomaso]%20Where%20is%20Laurie%20Basile?&In-Reply-To=)
Sat Dec 19 00:35:21 CST 2009

____________________________________

Hello Bill

Laurie Basile is the Detomaso Pantera good will ambassador.

Years ago when I was just getting to know everyone I made a trip to L.A. on
my "Kickin the Dawg"

tour to pick up John Parson's stroker motor.

Laurie and Dawg drove several hours just to meet us and introduce is to
their friends. It was a good

trip with many memories.

Have a good evening,

Nolan