[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Brace question

Rich hoppe1 at cox.net
Mon Dec 21 20:19:50 EST 2009

Guys
The engine brace a attaching tabs certainly has their faults.  But with
extra effort they are useful.
I added material to the tabs, made the slots holes and added a top plate to
the tabs to strengthen them.
Also the lower support if the tube is welded better and the bolts have
plates that pinch the tube flats you can add even more support.
I agree with  the limitations of the original design, but if the braces are
improved they are really helpful.
Rich