[DeTomaso] roll cage or roll bar

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 12:42:04 EST 2009

Beautiful job Gary.

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com

________________________________
From: GW <gow2 at rc-tech.net>
To: Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
Cc: mikeldrew at aol.com; De Tomaso List <detomaso at realbig.com>
Sent: Sun, December 20, 2009 6:01:03 PM
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] roll cage or roll bar

I made my own. It is not a full cage. I was on the fence with this.
Everything is a compromise. I decided not to make it a full cage but it
does work in conjunction with the ladder bar to help stiffen the
chassis; and it is a complete bolt in. It actually attaches in 10 places
including the roof and a plate on the rear wheel well where the ladder
bar attaches. It is well known the back section of the Pantera is like a
cardboard box with no lid. This goes a long ways into stiffening it up.

Keep in mind PI and others also weld plate steel to the length of the
door runner where the roll bars mount (they weld).

I originally looked at putting the roll bar behind the fire wall but I
ran across 2 problems. One was building a new gas tank which I am
already doing for the right side, but it reduces capacity. Second it was
a very difficult place to locate one.

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/rollbar/roll.htm

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/ladder/lad.htm

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/index.htm