[DeTomaso] rear trunk

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Sun Dec 20 20:48:20 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/20/09 17 42 50, davel at emspace.com writes:

> That latch should fit the stock catch in a 73L also?
> It looks way more civilized than my felt pads.

Yes, it will bolt right up to your existing decklid holes.   Only the 1971
cars have an alternate arrangement that requires you to drill new holes and
use Nutserts.

You'll like the new catch, but will have to work a bit to get it lined up
properly.   The best way to do it is to crawl in the back of the car armed
with a flashlight and the necessary tools, then have somebody you trust close
and latch the decklid, so you can tighten the nuts from the inside with the
latch on the body locating the catch on the decklid properly.