[DeTomaso] typos in POCA newsletter

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Sun Dec 20 14:12:52 EST 2009

While I generally consider Jack to be god when it comes to Pantera tech issues, I think there are some typos in the oil article.

My understanding is that 10W-30 means the oil flows like a 10 wt when it is cold and a 30 wt when it is hot, not the other way around.
And viscosity decreases with increasing temp, so flow would increase as temp goes up, not decrease.

I recently posted on Bob is the Oil Guy and it was confirmed to me that a gas/diesel oil such as Delo or Rotella 15W-40 would be an ideal oil for a 351C.

Actually if you can get "Walmart SuperTech Universal Motor Oil 15W-40 CI-4, SJ" like I found its even better than the current Delo or Rotella because it has higher ZDDP levels.
Also, it costs about $10 per GALLON, so it's super economical.

This is assuming you drive your car on the street. If you track or ORR it you should get special synthetic oil and add your own ZDDP if necessary.

Jim Oddie