[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Brace question

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sun Dec 20 12:56:20 EST 2009

Goran, I'm running the BF Goodrich G-Force KDW 2...its a pretty soft, ultra high performance summer tire...darn good grip.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+KDW+2
I'm runnining Aldans that came with the car, coil over adjustable spring, with 450 pounds front and 600 rear.

Yes Tom, I agree that the brakes will need some work, but with all the other projects, I want to get the chassis done, motor in, sort the handling, paint maybe or brake swap. 90% will be street driving. The other 5-10% will be track. If the stock brakes aren't to my liking the stock brakes will go sooner than later.  As Mike suggests, for now the calipers will get new seals, high quality pads, new SS braided lines, and down the road I will probably swap for better calipers and rotors such as Ken Greens Brembo setup. I don't want to make this a 10 year project before it drives...many guys (as Mike suggests) have advised that with a little work I can get the brakes to work pretty darn good. No way would I think that the stock calipers are would be the way to go for serious track or vintage racing events.

Tom