[DeTomaso] 351C questions

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 13:26:59 EST 2009

I'm not looking at any pics right now, but could the roof bump be intended to
improve the flow because the original design stock header takes such as sharp
downturn?

So it is supposed to "pre-point" the air flow?

Just grasping at straws (or flaws) here, as I'd think it was point there for
some reason, versus it being a design flaw.

Dan Jones?

Chuck

I've never figured its intent, but I am convinced grinding it away is a
significant improvement in exhaust port flow.  There is not a corresponding
form on the other side of the casting wall, so you can grind it away flush
with the port roof without any issue.