[DeTomaso] Pure Power Oil Filters High Performance Motor Oil

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:52:25 EST 2009

The oil most certainly passes through the filter membrane in a full flow filter. In a bypass filter some of it can 'short circuit' if the filter becomes clogged or there is too high a pressure.

On that a point worthy of note is that I understand installing a high pressure spring in your oil pump can force a bypass filter into early or constant bypass mode if pressure is too high. I do not know at what pressure a std bypass valve is set to relieve at and suspect it may vary between manufacturers.

Julian