[DeTomaso] Flat Firewall Picture

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 18 18:50:44 EST 2009

Here are 2 pics of mine.

I removed the electrical rack.  I removed the external regulator a long time
ago.  There isn't much left to mount w/out the regulator.  I think the coil
is the only thing left.

I put a layer of about 1/16" of tar sound deadener on the firewall, and then
a layer of body-color sheet metal.

I drilled new holes for the coil.  If you do it this way, you're free to put
the electrical accessories anywhere you want.

I moved the battery to the back.  The alternator relocation puts the
alternator about 1/2" from the battery.  I was sweating that one.  I mounted
the battery box before I installed the engine.  For a minute I didn't think
it would fit.