[DeTomaso] oil injector question

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 14:09:26 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/18/09 7:11:18 AM, larry at ohiotimecorp.com writes:

> Speaking of my truck (1989 Chevy 350, throttle body injection). It losses
> it's fuel pressure charge and is hard to start, till it fills the lines.
> The injectors (EZ to see) are not leaking. The lines are good and not
> leaking.
>
> Is there a check valve some place else in the system? In the pump?

The check or anti-backflow valve is inside the in-tank pump housing which
on your Chev is probably welded plastic, expensive and totally unserviceable
except as a unit. There are several rubber hoses attached, one of which may
have a slight crack in it. A way around the problem is to rig the pump to
come on before turning on the ignition. Good luck & Merry Christmas- J Deryke