[DeTomaso] Flat Firewall Picture

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 12:56:51 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/18/09 7 17 46, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com writes:

> If anyone has a picture of the flat firewall installation as viewed from
> passenger wheel well, I would appreciate it if you would send me it.
> Specifically, I am looking for the relationship of the AC Compressor and
> alternator to the electrical rack that contains the coil, volt. reg, starter
> solenoid, etc.

It goes underneath it.   I just tried to shoot photos of my setup, but it
was a waste of time.   My car's engine bay has never really been finished,
and so all the wires for the ignition system etc. were left uncut, and just
coiled around and around and secured.   So the photos I took just basically
show miles of wires.

If you'd like to see a photo of wires, let me know. :>)

My car is nonstandard anyway with a stainless steel firewall and etc.

Really, all you have to do is visualize where the A/C compressor is, and
realize that about 10 inches outboard of that location will be occupied by the
alternator.