[DeTomaso] oil injector question

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 12:32:06 EST 2009

Chris,

I put a now obsolete Mallory 4030 electric oil pre-luber on my F-150
back in 1996.  Now at 176,000 miles and the engine runs as strong as
ever with no repairs.  It might have done that good without the pre-
luber, but....

The Mallory used a pump marked Series 30 and included an adjustable
timer module. It looks very much like the Mallory fuel pumps in the 60
series, and in fact I used the Series 60 brushes for a replacement
some years ago.

Mallory no longer lists it, and the ESP would do the same thing.

I noted that ESP also sells the control module by itself, so perhaps
another pump could be wired in to save on the cost of their kit?

Or a pressure tank approach, like the Accusump, will do the same
thing. If you use the pressure tank approach, you should include the
electric solenoid valve to open and then close the tank upon start up
and shut down. Other wise, you have to get out and flip the valve
manually.

Bear in mind, they both will require the installation of external oil
lines - carrying the lifeblood of your engine - and thus need a solid,
correct installation.

Larry