[DeTomaso] Oilpan scraper.

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sun Dec 13 16:01:32 EST 2009

> Göran,
>
> You're not afraid that too much oil will remain standing on top of the
> upper plate during extended right hand cornering? Or are you confident
> that the crank will throw it into the louvers? I see that you're also
> using an external oil pump. Does your block not have provisions for an
> internal pump?
>
> Tomas

It's always tricky with what is happening with "aerodynamics" and similar
gale.
Now of course this design is a little bit of the same as I use in my dry
sump pan systems and I thought it would be worth trying this evacuation
systems for a wet system. It depends on that the top plate should not sit
too far from the crankshaft. I have sequenced the bottom surface and
volume of oil reservior to 1 G, and 3.5 liters of oil in the reservoir
should not be able to run away from the oil picup or bring up any oil to
the crank.

There are obviously a time dimension to how long you can expose the oilpan
to the G forces, that is set by the volume of the side channel or else
another type of drainback must be used that set limit to G force in oposit
direction, but thats the way it is.
to get

Hemi engines have an external oil pump. An inside pump would need a cutout
in the wind plate of the oil pan, and thereby destroyed the structure.
Almost the same with only an internal picup. Now I have KB's racing pump
and it has only external oil connections.

Goran