[DeTomaso] Has Anyone Installed the Painless 12 Circuit Fuse Panel in a Pantera?

Chuck Adkinson chuck at pantera.ws
Fri Dec 11 23:21:36 EST 2009

Ken,

I bought a 'Ron Francis' 16 fuse/18 circuit fuse panel and wired the entire
car from scratch, every wire, relay and fuse. The results are far superior
to the mess I took out of the car. All circuits function properly, including
new gauges, relays and re-located key. I did eliminate a few items in the
interest of weight reduction but added a complete Mallory CD ignition system
as well.

I removed the cobbled up original harness with a reciprocating saw and threw
the whole mess in a box. No more quirky headlights, horns, lights, bucket
motor, window motors, etc, etc, etc. No more fire hazards either.

I know you asked about 'Painless' but 'Ron Francis' and 'Painless'
accomplish the same thing. I apologize if you're looking only for Painless
info.

It took me about 6 months to complete the project. It really wasn't a big
deal except for the bucket limit switches. SOBill talked me through that. I
used none of the original electrical components the car was originally
equipped with.

I built my 71 from the ground up with no interest in originality at all, so
the non-stock wiring is fine with me. I'm sure a Painless system will
function just as well as my Ron Francis system does.

http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=XP%2D66

Chuck Adkinson
www.pantera.ws