[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 65, Issue 9- Broken Half Shafts

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Fri Dec 11 16:02:33 EST 2009

To me this sounds highly unlikely. A: As they twist the first time there should be pretty bad vibration, we all know what happens when you assemble the shafts un-aligned. B: Exceeding the limit where the axle is still elastic means it's pretty much about to break. Twisting it back the same amount weakens it further. You won't be able to go through many of those cycles IMO.

Tomas