[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 65, Issue 9- Broken Half Shafts

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 16:53:47 EST 2009

When I talked to Byers about one of their big block
conversions he said one of the first guys hammered
it and after going over the railroad tracks both shafts broke

At a recent autocross one of the Corvette drivers hit an
area that lightened the car and when he came down with
power on the shaft broke...

The weight on and off broke these shafts.. I know both
were fairly new

I also know that whenever I track my car I always tighten
the halfshafts afterwards... seems like the inter ones
like to loosen up

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera

Also Bill just paint the whole car black and then the rockers will look
great