[DeTomaso] Poll - Paint scheme

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:26:41 EST 2009

The black section does not make the car look better, it makes it look different.  There are many variables.  Lighter colors like
white give the car more visible mass and may look a little slimmer with a black rocker.  A dark color will probably show very little difference.  I had two bright red cars, one with and the other without the black rockers.  Red is a medium shade and the one with
the black rocker looked like it sat higher.  The one without looked smoother.  I'll post a pic to you of both cars together at BBORR.  Get the car done in one color and try some tape or construction paper and see what it looks like.  You have to touch it up anyway if you drive the car so a rattle can is the way to do it anyway.  It's all dependent on your taste and chosen color.
It doesn't matter what others think, even Tjaarda's opinion.  He hit one out of the park with the Pantera but has hit a lot of fouls too.  What color are you doing anyway?
Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa ...Flat black top, gloss black rockers, LS7.