[DeTomaso] JFE brakes ? Brembo brakes

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Thu Dec 10 12:05:49 EST 2009

Did anyone hear about a calipers manufacturers by the name of JFE ?
Those brakes ( good looking GR4 style calipers and rotors) are on my 4208
car. I assume these were installed on the car in the early 90's , when the
car was racing in GR3 trim in the USA.  I am looking for spares to have them
rebuilt ( gaskets, pistons, ...) .
My brake shop is desperately looking for spares, and he has apparently
located a dealer in the USA, who seems not to answer, despite repeated
attempts.
Initially, it seems that JFE was an Australian manufacturer, who was bought
over by a US company, and then ??? mystery.
Also, has anyone converted a Pantera with ventilated Brembo floating disks
and calipers ( on 15 or 16" wheels ) ? Ventilated Brembo brakes ( similar to
Porsche 930 Turbo ) are FIA approved , and they most probably are better
than original factory GR4 Girling and Lockheed brakes !
...Preparing Le Mans Classic 2010 with Candy 2862 more actively than ever
before :>))
Many thanks
Patrick
2862-9628-4208-3679