[DeTomaso] Poll - Paint scheme

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 10:23:07 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/10/09 6 37 19, steveblum2 at msn.com writes:

> On my 74L I am considering removing the rear bumper. I think it takes away
> from the lines of the car. Does anyone have pictures of a 74L without the
> rear bumper? My car is white.

Panteras with no bumpers at all looked naked and unfinished IMHO.   The
European cars that ran the one-piece bumper did away with the hydraulic rams of
the USA cars, and instead had them bolted directly to T-shaped brackets,
which located the bumper much closer to the body; they look much better as a
result.

I'd consider relocating your bumper (one way is to drill through the rams,
letting all the fluid out, then fully compressing them), or at a minimum,
replace your one-piece bumper with some aftermarket two-piece bumpers.

Cheers!