[DeTomaso] Poll - Paint scheme

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 01:03:48 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/9/09 21 36 38, detomasoregistry at gmail.com writes:

> So for a car long out of the body shop, how would one easily correct an
> unpainted
> car?  Is this a rattle can job?
>
> My rockers see a bit of road debris, and I can envision touching the area
> up regularly.

You've got nothing to use by going the rattle can route.   However, all
spray paint is not created equally.   Drive right past the hardware store, and
go to an auto paint supply store.   They sell much higher quality spray
paint, which is considerably more expensive ($10 a can or more) but the
difference is worth it.

I used SEM trim black to paint my front spoiler--you'd never know it wasn't
painted by a body shop.