[DeTomaso] Vehicle Speed Sender

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 02:57:50 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/8/09 10:05:52 PM, SOBill at aol.com writes:

> Ford Part number 7 151 113 (BWD #S8382) is a Hall effect speed sender
> which will mate with the ZF speedo adapter and cable. It Requires  +12
> volts on
> the Black/Brown wire, Chassis Ground on the Brown wire, and  the +9.5 to 0
> volt square wave output is on the Yellow/Brown wire at 8 pulses/rev
> (~8,000
> pulses/mile). No external components are required for the sensor.

Bill, I apparently missed the first part of this thread. is that what
DeTomaso used on the last Pantera Si's? 'Cause the '96 we saw at the factory had
what appeared to be a stock angle-drive feeding some sort of wire-device
that presumably was hooked to a similar device on a stock-appearing Pantera
speedometer. Was never brave enough to ask the factory price of the adaption to
earlier cars.... Curious- J DeRyke