[DeTomaso] rear trunk

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 02:51:04 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/8/09 8:23:51 PM, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> I need to add something to the rear trunk lid to prevent the thing from
> shaking and chipping the edge. What are the opinions on the best way?

There are myriad latch-limiters and other such factory devices, and the
deck lid still moves and paint still chips; some more than others. My "fix" is
to contact-cement two rubber patches- one in each corner, and let the sucker
shake. I cut up a bicycle inner tube for chip-limiter patches on one
Pantera, and our '72 uses water-bed patches (now going on 18 yrs old). About
1-1/4" square is all thats needed. And they come off with a jack-knife or a heat
gun with no damage. Good luck, Art- J Deryke