[DeTomaso] Half Shaft Safety Hoop

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Tue Dec 8 18:17:01 EST 2009

Mike....how the heck would the two halves of the half shaft separate unless the suspension itself was sheared off due to some catastrophic event?

My half shafts have obviously been replaced(when??) and the u-joints are very smooth...but I don't trust them at this point. Since they are off the car I might as well replace the u-joints. Is there a heavy heavy duty u-joint available to fit the stock half shafts?  A few months ago I spoke to Wilkenson about possibly replacing my half shafts with spicers...but he told me stock units are stronger than the spicers which surprised me.

Tom