[DeTomaso] Half Shaft Safety Hoop

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Dec 8 05:45:26 EST 2009

I never had a failure with U-joint myself but I have seen the result from
it several times on other cars. I wonder what makes them break??? I have
put tremendous Tq through my half shafts using my wide Avon slicks. How
come that a 351C could destroy them using street tires?
To me it looks like bad lubrication and maintaince. A slight play within
the cap, the rollers are rusty or the cap does not fit the yoke, then we
have viberations and at speed this sort of forces will become tremendous.
OR, destructing the metal over time.

What do you guys think?
Goran