[DeTomaso] Half Shaft Safety Hoop

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 7 23:28:37 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/7/09 20 05 17, tborcich at msn.com writes:

> Since my wheel house repair is almost complete, I'm thinking about
> putting a half shaft safety hoop of some sort to contain the half shafts is they
> break again.  Has anyone else done something similar?

The vendors sell stainless steel driveshaft covers, whose function is to
both provide some bling, and also to keep the U-joints from spooging grease
all over the engine bay.   Although they're not overly strong, they would
probably do a halfway decent job of containing the driveshaft in the event that
the inner U-joint broke.